Thursday, January 24, 2008

School starts, SAIPAC, SUNY Student Assembly, NYS Assembly Commission Hearing on Higher Education

So this week classes started and things are already crazy. Tonight I spent close to 4 hours reading about the war in Iraq, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the President, and Enviromental Systems. All in all, I am working extremely hard in class which is important.

In other news SAIPAC, the SUNY Albany Israel Public Affairs Committee is off to a great start this semester. We are working on our three initiatives, Israel @ 60, Iran, and Campaign '08. 

Next comes SUNY Student Assembly, I have been appointed to be the Legislative Affairs Director which is the Chief Lobbyist for student body across New York state. Today in my official capacity I was called to testify on the preliminary report of the New York State Commission on Higher Education. It was an epic moment in my life, I was doing something at 19 that some dream to do. I spoke directly to members of the New York State Assembly and started a conversation that I hope will last. 

No comments: